December 22, 2009

Favorite Songs.

I love hearing other people's favorite songs. It usually leads me to iTunes to add a few to my collection. New songs on my ipod can make a mundane trip to the grocery store seem like the best car ride ever. These are songs that I can listen to over and over and usually have some significance in my life. I usually like songs that I can really feel on the inside. Here are just some of my favorites.




Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

1. Australia - The Shins: This song is so upbeat and happy that I love it over and over every time I hear it. It's the ultimate feel good song.

2. Nothing In My Way - Keane: My friend Tricia's husband always makes a mix CD for events in our lives {new car, baby, vacation}. A couple of summers ago he made a CD for us when we were all meeting up in Laguna for a few days. This song was on it and we would listen to it while driving along the PCH with the windows down. Every time I hear it, I think of the utter bliss I felt in those moments.

3. Three Little Birds - Bob Marley: I would sing this to Harrison when he was first born and had colic. I love the words and everything it says. Ultimately everything is always alright, and I like this reminder to just trust the process.

4. Central Reservation - Beth Orton: This song has been a part of me since my days of living in New York City. I was lonely, scared and pining for the attention of someone who had other priorities. It's weird that I would hold such a song dear to my heart, but I still hear it and think of that time in my life fondly.

5. Use Somebody - Kings of Leon: This has quickly become one of my favorites this year. I love the lyrics, I love the band and I love the melody. I usually have this on repeat.

6. Wonderwall - Oasis: I've shared the significance of this song before. It will always remind me of my son and the time I spent carrying him for 9 months. I hope he grows to love it one day too.

7. We Walk the Same Line - Everything but the Girl: This was J.'s and my song at our wedding and what played while we danced for the first time as husband and wife. The lyrics are incredible about being there for each other and taking care of one another. It always reminds me to be his best friend.

8. Long Way Around - Dixie Chicks: I love them and this song reminds me that doing things your own way...always turns out to be the best in the end.

9. When You Were Young - The Killers: This song makes me feel young and happy. I can't explain more than that.

10. You Are My Sunshine - Elizabeth Mitchell: My mom sang this song to me when I was little. Now that I have my own little sunshine, I totally get. I love this version of the song and have it on all of Harrison's playlists.

Enjoy and Happy December 22nd {one of my favorite numbers}!