November 29, 2009

Goodbye Pumpkins...

Better Homes and Gardens Christmas 1966...I love this!

December I feel you sneaking up on me. Pumpkins have now disappeared and I suddenly see lights on trees, jolly santas and snow scenes. I love Christmas...every year it feels magical all over again. I love getting Christmas cards from friends and seeing their cute families. I love Christmas cookies and peppermint coffee drinks. I love wrapping gifts and seeing them stacked under the tree when I pass by. I love hearing this song over and over and over....

This year is going to be a different kind of Christmas than I've ever known before. Harrison's eyes sparkle when he sees blinking lights, and he's in awe of animated moving reindeer. I won't be putting out my glass jars filled with vintage ornaments, but it's going to be a wonderfully exciting holiday season.