May 20, 2009

Sweet Surprises.

Every Wednesday J. takes the afternoon off and spends it with Harrison. I feel so lucky that he is able to do this and that Harrison gets that special time with him. It's truly created a wonderful bond between them and has given J. an appreciation for how I spend my days.

Today J. was coming home and I was going to get a pedicure with my mom, as one of her Mother's Day gifts. We went to Sundrops and had the best time reading magazines, drinking ice tea and having our toes done. When I went to pay for both of us, the woman said to me "Actually your services have already been taken care of. Your husband stopped in earlier and said that you two are welcome to get manicures as well." I was like "Are you serious?" So, we had manicures too, and gushed about what a sweet husband I have. I love little surprises like this...they make me feel adored.

On the way home I stopped and got him a cappuccino and chocolate croissant from LGO as a thank you. He's far from perfect, but sometimes I remember why I fell for him and why I love him so much. I'm so glad he's the example for my son.

To see how he surprised me on Mother's Day go here.