September 17, 2008

The Silver Linings.

These are the things that have made me happy the past few days...

  • I saw an old lady on a scooter get pulled over by a cop on camelback road....it made me smile to think how cool she must be.


  • The lady at starbucks gave me a free venti iced coffee just for letting someone pay in front of me.


  • The crib is put up and I've washed and put away all baby items. There is nothing like the smell of Dreft on a soft warm blanket.


  • Watching Whatever, Martha last night. It was hilarious to see her daughter and her friend criticize old reruns of Martha Stewart Living segments.


  • Having friends to offer their love and support when I'm freaking out.


  • Shopping in a local boutique and meeting the owner's 9 week old ginger lab puppy. He was so calm, soft, sleepy and adorable.


  • Buying a new lipstick for Fall from the Bobbi Brown counter at Nordstrom.

It's been a little tense around here with this volatile market, but all in all, life is good...and things still make me smile.