August 29, 2008

I've Missed My Husband...

This has been a challenging week for me...dealing with new issues, managing responsibilities, spilling coffee all over the area rug in kitchen, dealing with a feisty french bulldog and doing it all without J. home. He left last Saturday for a week long study via Wharton Business school in Princeton, NJ and my life hasn't been the same without him. I've realized how much he completes the holes in my personality, and makes me a better version of myself. I said this at our wedding and I still mean it today: he is such an amazing person and the world is a better place because he's on it.

I don't mean to immortalize him because {trust me} there are definite moments when he is less than wonderful to be married to, but the majority of the time, I feel blessed to have him to walk through this world with me. He is the most generous, loving, affectionate and complimentary man I've ever known. He reminds me of what it must have been like to date men in history when chivalry was thriving. He always opens the car door for me, never lets me carry shopping bags, always does the dishes if I cook, and now that I'm pregnant, doesn't even let me bend down to pick something up. He is the real deal and I've missed him immensely. I've realized how great we work as a team, and I love what we are together.

Luckily he comes home today and I am so excited that I can hardly stand it! His absence has made me appreciate all the little things he brings to the table and what I need to be thankful for on a regular basis. Plus, it's a three day weekend so I get three whole days with him!!!

Let's see how I feel on Tuesday.

Happy Weekend.