January 3, 2008

The Letdown

Well, the holidays are officially over and that means I know have to tackle taking all the decorations down, put them back up into the attic for next year and put the tree in the alley for the city to pick up. We still have visitors staying with us, and I am starting to miss my "old life" where I could wake up and do whatever I wanted....all day.

This morning, for example, Claire woke up and started making eggplant parmesan, and for some reason she acts like we are making her, so she is huffy and short tempered the whole morning....makes for a pleasant way to start the day. Papa wakes up at 12 Noon everyday, so he is out of commission the whole morning, and then never wants to leave the house....depressing. I am officially looking forward to having my own schedule back.