December 6, 2007

J'adore Brooks...

Brooks is one of my highlights of being on this earth. He is the equivalent of a class clown, and loves attention. He is like a 30 pound meatball with fur...and he never ever, ever misses a meal (ever!). This dog loves food. We always say that if he morphed into a human, he'd take on the likes of Emeril Lagasse, or some other figure who's life revolves around food. He is like a kind little old man, whose only care is making others happy. Brooks has made impressions in our lives that we will treasure forever.

He was present the day we got married...

He accompanies us every summer to Laguna Beach
for our summer vacation...

And he makes holidays way more fun...

The things that endear this little animal to me, are as follows...

  • Whenever a guest starts to leave, he barks and attempts to bite at their feet. His way of saying, "Stay awhile..." People who are here, doing work on our house, get pretty freaked out.
  • He walks around the house looking for anything that is out of place from the normal structure. Once he places the culprit, he repeatedly barks until we come and tell him that "It's Ok...we know it's there" (we're talking even a grocery bag sitting on the counter).
  • He snores like a little old man...all night long (did I mention he sleeps in our bed). Now, when we travel and he's not there, I have trouble falling asleep.
  • He has never, even a little, attempted to hurt anyone by biting or growling.
  • The sweet smell of his fur is a comfort to me, that can not be duplicated.
  • When I ask for "kisses", he immediately licks my face.
  • He has healed parts of my husband's soul, in a way that no therapist or book could even touch.
  • Sometimes, when he takes a deep breath and just looks into my eyes, I feel like he's the only one who gets me....