November 9, 2010

Catching Up...

image from paul ferney's cake collection.  I'm obsessed.

This blog is a little bit like my long distance friendships.  I think about them all the time and have so much to say, but finding the time to actually sit down and chat is difficult.  So, we'll just have to do what Marissa and I do and cover it all in segments. 

Right now I'm in the throes of planning Harrison's birthday party.  He will be 2 years old and it's so much fun to see him get excited about having a party.  Of course I've bitten off more than I can chew (as usual) and am feeling a little stressed.  Hopefully by the time he's 5, I'll have learned to just grab a cake from costco and call it a party.

In other news, I've sworn off sweets (mostly) and did a 2 1/2 week detox which granted me a 10 pound weight loss.  I'm so happy and feel great.  I still have little bites now and then, but my cravings are totally under control.

It officially feels like Fall here, and this morning I had to wear a sweatshirt.  Yippeee!