June 24, 2009

Boy.

Exactly one year ago today, at 18 weeks pregnant, I found out that I was having a boy. I knew it all along, but was so happy when they confirmed it for me on the screen. I called him by his name right away, and wondered every day who he would look like and who he would be.

7 months into this job, I've fallen so in love with everything about him...the good and the bad. He is completely laid back, throws his pacifier when he's done with it, laughs at everything, only drinks his water through a straw, and completely trusts his dad and I. He is already crawling, standing up at the coffee table, walking around the perimeter of his crib and constantly moving. It's exhausting and exciting to spend my days with him. Thinking back to one year ago, I can't believe I didn't know him yet.

He's this girl's dream come true...