January 1, 2009

Resolutions.


I love the idea of fresh starts. Every new year feels like a bit of a "do over" and a chance to wipe the slate clean to begin any new lifestyle I want. Here are some of the things I want to put into action in 2009:

  • Look put together at least 6 days a week {My friend Marissa and I always say that it's a slippery slope to sweatpants when you're a new mom}.

  • Meet new moms in my parenting group with children Harrison's age that he can play with as he grows up.

  • Take time each week for myself to do the things I love, so that I don't forget who I was before I became a mom.

  • Put more effort into my marriage. It takes a little more effort now that there is a needy newborn in the picture.

  • Say NO whenever I feel like it.

  • Be my true self and not worry what others think.

  • Start reading books again!

  • Get an exercise regimen going and eat smart, so that I can be ready for baby #2.

  • Walk Brooks once daily...he's gained a few too many lbs.

  • Meditate, meditate, meditate.

  • Restrict my spending...I accumulate way too much junk.

  • Be less judgmental and just accept.

  • Stop saving things for special occasions. I'm going to wear my good shoes to the grocery store, wear my favorite perfume everyday and use the vintage china for sandwiches.

Happy 2009!

It's going to be another incredible year....