September 30, 2008

Nostalgia.

Today I am yearning for Fall....

In the Fall of 2005, J and I spent our honeymoon visiting Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket. It was exactly what we needed and just how I imagined Fall should look. Our first stop was the Charlotte Inn where there were urns and potted mums everywhere, along with pumpkins lining the walkway inside.

I tried to recreate this on our front porch the following October, but all the flowers had died by November from the heat. I was so disappointed...

Then in Nantucket we stayed at the White Elephant, where once again, there were mums and pumpkins everywhere outside. It was so charming and cozy.

I am officially done with temperatures in the 100's...my pregnant self can't take it anymore. Dreaming of Fall in New England makes me want to pack up my house and permanently move.