March 5, 2008

Kaylie.

Today is my wonderful goddaughter Kaylie's birthday. She is 15 years old today and it seems like just yesterday she was born. Her mom Keri is one of my best friends and she had Kaylie when we were in high school. It was one of the most defining experiences in my life, and I wouldn't be who I am today without it. She is so special to me and here are some reasons why...

  • I was in the room when Kaylie was born and watched her enter this world.

  • She has always been a sentimental, sweet soul.

  • She is wise way beyond her years.

  • When she was little I would spend the night at Keri's house, after my latest break-up, and sleep with Kaylie for comfort.

  • She cares about other people and this world more than most.

  • She is the smartest 15 year old I've ever known.

  • She resembles a younger version of myself {stylish, deep soul, creative, doesn't like ironing, bedroom with stuff everywhere...}

  • She appreciates the small things in life and always expresses it.

  • She is an amazing writer.

  • She is one of my kindred spirits in this world.

I know that Kaylie is going to contribute amazing things to this world, and her purpose has always seemed so obvious to me. She is truly a gift from God and I feel so lucky to be in her world.


Happy Birthday, Kaylie.