March 20, 2008

Circle of Life.

Yesterday I went to get my hair cut and colored, and my usual bubbly, high energy hair stylist was not herself. When I asked her what was wrong, she reminded me on my last appointment her telling me that her best friend's mom just found out she had stomach cancer. She then said that the cancer aggressively spread throughout every crevice of her body and that she is in the hospital and will most likely die today or tomorrow. This all happened within one month...

She told me that in the hospital her friend's mom is in, they play a lullaby throughout the hospital every time a baby is born. I was in awe of life's profound message...as they sit in the room watching someone pass away, there is a constant reminder of new life entering the world. It just confirmed for me how life is so precious and fragile, and should never be taken for granted. Hospitals, like airports, are filled with some of the saddest people as well as the happiest. The circle of life is so real and constant.