December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007...

Me in the Jardin de Tuilleries in Paris. I never felt so alive...


Today is the last day of 2007, and although it's been a pretty good year, I am always partial to years that end in an even number, so I predict 2008 to be wonderful.

Some of my highlights from 2007 are:
  • Finally learning how to get my roses to flourish and grow.
  • Spending over a month with my 82 year old papa, and learning new things about his past.
  • Celebrating my 2nd year of wedded bliss to J.
  • Going to RL in Chicago for dinner...my favorite restarant ever!
  • Seeing my mom happily retire after 26 years of teaching.
  • Taking a class and learning how to effectively meditate.
  • Completing our wedding album...2 years late.
  • Going to Europe for the first time and getting to see Paris and London.
  • Accepting my introverted personality (I share this quality with Jackie Kennedy, Princess Diana, Audrey Hepburn, and Grace Kelley...not a bad club to be in).
  • Finally getting my 'craft room' up and running (see I'm stretching here...)
I happily welcome 2008 and predict it's going to be a fun and fulfilling year!

Every exit is an entry somewhere else.

-Tom Stoppard