December 12, 2007

32 things I know...

...at 32



  1. I will always get excited for cake.


  2. That unconditional love is rare.


  3. Some friendships, even if you don't keep in perfect touch, will last a lifetime.


  4. Dogs can heal a human soul.


  5. I still need to learn how to stand up for myself...sometimes.


  6. Money does not make a crappy job worth it.


  7. I still constantly think about, and miss my nanny, even though she's been gone for 20 years.


  8. That google answers almost all my questions.


  9. I will always be filled with joy when driving down a tree lined street.


  10. Random acts of kindness do make a difference in the world.


  11. It is possible to have an amazing wedding without spending a fortune.


  12. Having good neighbors is important.


  13. Traveling to new places changes you, in ways no book or movie can accomplish.


  14. Looking at pictures of yourself when you're 7 yrs old, reminds you of a time when you were truly happy.


  15. Having a handful of true friends, who are there no matter what, is much more valuable than many acquaintances.


  16. I am still shy in a group of strangers.


  17. I Love Lucy is still just as funny today as it was 50 years ago.


  18. Nothing beats a good cup of coffee in the morning.


  19. Contributing to the lives of others is essential to a happy life.


  20. Sometimes it's best to say nothing...


  21. The greatest success is not measured by the number is your bank account, but by how content your soul is.


  22. It is not our job to judge others.


  23. Sometimes a good cry is like pressing a "restart button" for our soul.


  24. I will never like crowds.


  25. It doesn't matter what the number inside your clothes says, what matters is how they fit.


  26. There is no shame in asking for help.


  27. No matter how much advice we give, people have to learn lessons on their own.


  28. Kindred spirits have no age limits.


  29. It's important to marry someone with impeccable values.


  30. Women are the true great nurturers in this world.


  31. Setting personal boundaries is one of the keys to a content life.


  32. Glitter will always make me happy.